There are many reasons to save with St Albans Credit Union, here are just a few.
You can open an account with as little as £1 and save as much or as little as you like, as often as you like, up to a maximum of £15,000. Here are the ways you can save:
• Pay in cash at the St Albans office or at any of our other customer centres (don’t forget your passbook).
• Pay by cheque (payable to “St Albans District Credit Union” with your membership number on the back) by post or in person. We also accept cheques from other bodies/people made payable directly to the member.
• Set up a Standing Order with your bank/building society.
• Have Benefit Payments paid directly into your savings.
• Via a Payroll Deduction Scheme – ask your employer if they have a scheme.
as it is protected under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme and you can withdraw some or all your savings at any time. It’s your money, so we make withdrawals as easy and quick as possible.
Credit unions normally pay dividends to members rather than interest on savings. Dividends are paid as long as there are enough funds to do so safely. So, we have paid dividends in each of the last two years.